What's new in 5.2
IKAN ALM offers a secure and flexible process-centric Application Lifecycle Management solution for both local and distributed development teams, and manages and automates SOA, Agile and traditional development processes. It complements existing version management tools by automating the complete software life-cycle management process, offering a single point of control and delivering support for your build, deploy, release and software life-cycle management and the associated approval processes. IKAN ALM helps reducing build complexity, solving complex deployment issues and accelerating release cycles.
A tailored life-cycle from development to production, including test and quality assurance, can be implemented, offering a comprehensive framework across all major platforms including Windows, UNIX, Linux and even z/0S mainframe systems.
IKAN ALM 5.2 includes the following major enhancements.
IKAN ALM Reports
“IKAN ALM Reports” has been developed to complement IKAN’s Application Lifecycle Management tool. With ALM Reports, IKAN ALM customers can extract important information from the IKAN ALM Database by generating high-quality and exceedingly configurable reports. The installation includes several ready-to-run reports, covering all configuration settings and activities in the IKAN ALM environment.
CollabNet Integration: linking TeamForge artifacts
IKAN ALM integrates with the CollabNet TeamForge Issue Tracking System by linking TeamForge artifacts to an IKAN ALM Level Request Build and/or Deploy action. The artifacts are linked automatically based on the comments provided by the developers when committing code to the VCR. For its part, IKAN ALM retrieves more information from the corresponding Artifact out of TeamForge such as a short description, the owner, the priority, .... This information is synchronized each time the build result evolves in the IKAN ALM life-cycle.
Support for SAP life-cycle
The integration of IKAN ALM with SAP ABAP and the SAP NetWeaver application server:
- Provides a solution for the integration of source control for ABAP with Subversion,
- Allows to define dependencies between ABAP and NetWeaver code,
- Ensures a fully integrated build and deploy process, and
- Enables to establish a link with any change request system using the SAP Change and Transport System (CTS).
- Possibility to mass delete identical Machine or Environment Parameters
- Filter out archived Users in the Edit User Group interface
- Support for package actions in the command line interface
- Persistence framework migrated to Hibernate
- Embedded webserver upgraded to Apache Tomcat 7 for the demo application
- JBoss, Oracle Application Server and Oracle WebLogic Server are no longer supported as application server for the IKAN ALM web application.
Several small bug fixes and optimizations have also been implemented.Refer to the readme of the installed product for more details.
For further information, please contact us.
Next: Technical features