IKAN ALM 5.8 (current)New functionalities
Enhanced functionalities and End of Support announcements
- Possibility to clone Levels
- Optional Deploys
- Limit the number of concurrent deploys
- Search Filters
- New Package Detail interface to manage the contents and actions in a Package
- Redesign of the Menus and the Overview pages
- Multiple renewed interfaces in Global Administration: System Settings, Housekeeping, User Group Members, Issue Tracking, …
- Multiple renewed interfaces in Project Administration: Lifecycle, Project Stream dependencies, Level Edit, Audit Project, ….
- Possibility to search a Level Request based on its OID
- Performance optimizations in the Desktop and Level Request interfaces
- Optimized database pooling in the IKAN ALM web application
- Updated IKAN ALM Agent and Server OSGi container to Karaf 4.0
- Optimized security against vulnerabilities, like cross-site scripting and SQL injection
- End of support for the IBM WebSphere application server
- End of support for the integration with Lotus Notes Mail systems
IKAN ALM 5.7 (June 2016)New functionalities
- Integration with Gradle Build Automation
- New Package Build Group concept
- New RIA interface for creating a Level Request
- Redesign of the Build History interface
- Filter File Revisions in the Edit Package interface
- Renewed interface for creating, updating and viewing Scripting Tools
- Renewed interface for creating and updating Projects, new Project Info overview
- Refactored JIRA integration to use the JIRA REST API
- Performance optimizations for Packages using Subversion sources, both for the interface as for the build/deploy processes
- Support for Windows 10
IKAN ALM 5.6 (December 2014)New functionalities
- Git and Microsoft Team Foundation Version Control Integration
- New RIA interface for the Level Request Detail
- Integration with MS Team Foundation Work Items
- Global Administration functionality to Mass delete or update Phases used in Projects
- Renewed interface for creating, updating and viewing Levels
- Renewed interface for creating, updating and viewing VCRs
- Possibility to create and update packages through the command line
- Support for Apache Tomcat 8
- Support for Java 8
IKAN ALM 5.5 (October 2013)New functionalities
- Custom Phases
- Modular (OSGi) architecture Server and Agent daemon
- Ability to specify the log format of Scripting Tools
- Support for Java 7 and OpenJDK 6 and 7
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Native 64-bit Windows installers
IKAN ALM 5.2 (April 2012)New functionalities
- IKAN ALM Reports
- CollabNet Integration: linking TeamForge artifacts
- Support for SAP life-cycle
- Internal User Groups
- Possibility to mass delete identical Machine or Environment Parameters
- Filter out archived Users in the Edit User Group interface
- Support for package actions in the command line interface
- Persistence framework migrated to Hibernate
- Embedded webserver upgraded to Apache Tomcat 7 for the demo application
- JBoss, Oracle Application Server and Oracle WebLogic Server are no longer supported as application server for the IKAN ALM web application.
IKAN ALM 5.1 (May 2011)New functionalities
- Machine Parameters
- HP ALM Integration: linking Quality Center defects and providing Test Runner automation
- Redesigned Build and Deploy Parameters Overview
- Clone Environments
- Stronger integration with Issue Tracking Systems
- RESTful Webservices interface
- New installation interface
- Global Administration landing page.
- Usage overview available in Edit interface of Global Administration objects.
- Option to migrate the parameter prefix from scm4all to alm.
- Ability to search for the Requester User Group in the Level Request overview.
- Description fields for Build and Deploy Parameters.
- Extended description fields for several Global and Project Administration objects.
- Support for Apache Tomcat 7
- Support for MySQL 5.5
- The ANT WSAD Scripting Tool has been removed from Global Administration and can no longer be selected as Build/Deploy tool in the environments of a Project.
IKAN ALM 5.0 (June 2010)New functionalities
- Package-based Projects
- Multiple Desktop Tab Pages
- JIRA Issue Tracking Integration
- Enhanced life-cycle flexibility
- Possibility to display and disconnect connected users
- New Approval overview
- New Project History Log interface
- Installation interface
- More easily manageable Desktop with simple drag and drop rearranging functionality, restyled interface, and new “Package” desktop type.
- Restyled Desktop overviews including enhanced search panels containing suggestion fields, reviewed result tables, new icons and more informative pagination.
- New interface for approving and rejecting approvals.
- Build history integrated in the Level Request overview and available for all Level Requests.
- Pluggable Issue Tracking Architecture allowing a tighter integration with Issue Tracking systems following a clearly defined API
- Optimized integration with IBM ClearCase Base and UCM.
- Enhanced protection of secure values.
- More informative logging for login and logout actions.
- Support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 installation.
- Several fixes of encoding problems.
IKAN ALM 4.3 (June 2009)New functionalities
- Housekeeping Build Archive
- History and Event Logging of Global and Project Administration definitions
- Machine (Agent) status and log information
- Enhanced Life-Cycle flexibility
- New Builds and Deploys overview
- New semantics for Post-Approvals and Post-Notifications
- New Dependency type
- Possibility to hide/unhide Projects and Project Streams
- Better status output of Level and Environment phases
- New license system
- New demo installation
- New Duration field in interface for Level Request and Environment Logs.
- Total Level Request time calculated in Level Request interfaces.
- Multiple selects possible in several Desktop search panels.
- Usability reorganization of the Global Administration and Desktop menus.
- Several extended project audit checkings
- Reorganized the Life-Cycle overview.
- User Groups are also visible in velocity mail templates.
- The Agent process produces more informative logging on the INFO log level.
- Upgrade of the MySQL connector.
- Support for Groups in Groups when connecting to LDAP via JAAS.
IKAN ALM 4.2 (July 2008)New functionalities
- Issue Tracking integration
- Support for sequentially handled (Deploy) environments on a Level
- Customizable Server/Builder/Deployer processes
- Enhanced Transporter Architecture
- Tag-based build
- User interface restyling and optimization
- Dependency optimization.
- Optimized partial deploy.
- Enhanced Reporting.